Form a team of 3 or 4 and compete in ChemE Jeopardy.
Note: all team members should check the jeopardy box on their registration.
– The preliminary rounds consists of single jeopardy and final jeopardy.
– The championship round consists of single jeopardy, double jeopardy, and final jeopardy.
– There will be 6 categories with 5 questions each.
o 3-4 will be chemical engineering related
o 1-2 will be science related
o 1 will be outside of science and engineering
o Final jeopardy questions will all be chemical engineering related
– There will be a maximum of 3 teams for each round.
– There is a maximum of four players per team.
– Points are deducted for incorrect responses.
– Responses should be given in the form of a question, will be penalized if not
– Contestants should not buzz in before the question is fully read out loud.
– Teams with negative scores will not be allowed to participate in Final Jeopardy.
– A team is randomly chosen to go first in Jeopardy.
– Teams have five seconds to respond after the Host finishes reading the question.
– Teams are allowed to discuss responses prior to buzzing in, but all conversation must stop when someone buzzes in.
– The person that hits the buzzer must be the same person that gives the response
– The person must begin their answer within five seconds
– If a team answers a question wrong, another team may buzz in within five seconds after the host indicates the team is wrong.
– The team with the lowest score entering the Double Jeopardy round chooses first.
– A team only has ten seconds to provide response to a Daily Double question.
– Teams will have 30 seconds to write down their wager (range: 0 to current team score).
– Teams will have 30 seconds to write down their response in the form of a question.
– A tiebreaker round will be played if two teams are tied for first after Final Jeopardy.
– Teams will be presented with a category and then the clue will be revealed.
– First to respond and answer correctly will win.
– Buzzing in early will count as an incorrect answer.
– In the event both teams are incorrect, another category and clue will be provided until a team answers correctly.